Mauritius Telecom’s Rose Belle Data Centre: keeping your data safe, secure and accessible.
In our post-pandemic world, the workplace is changing with the increasing use of digital technologies and the growth of cloud-based technologies. The role of state-of-the-art data centres is becoming essential to meet the client’s needs. Data centres are considered as the physical backbone of the digital economy, their powerful servers hosting everything from remote work platforms, websites, AI (artificial intelligence) and Internet of Things (IoT) applications, social media, e-commerce, video and music streaming and more. These services and applications are vital for businesses, governments, and individuals to function in the digital era.
Mauritius Telecom, the leading operator on the Mauritian telecommunication market, has set up, in the south of Mauritius, the Rose Belle Data Centre (RBDC), a state-of-the-art Tier IV Data Centre. With its 1,500 square meters of secured rack spaces (450+ rack capacity) with 3 MW of power, the RBDC offers world class data centre facilities.
Mauritius: the ideal location
Mauritius is strategically situated between Asia and Africa and is well known for its political, economic, and social stability with its diverse multiethnic population of 1.2 million inhabitants. With a literacy of over 95%, Mauritius offers a competitive advantage with its highly educated population and bilingual languages (English and French spoken)
It is a well-established business destination for investors seeking a secure investment climate and a conducive business environment with an efficient and well-developed financial ecosystem, a strong legislative and regulatory environment as well as a robust telecommunication infrastructure. The RBDC offers a safe and secure destination.
Connectivity, redundancy and accessibility
Mauritius Telecom can be proud of its 100% fibre coverage on the island, which has made of Mauritius the 7th most fibered country in the world.
Furthermore, Mauritius Telecom offers a diversity of routes on international submarine optical network, which offers redundancy and reliability. It currently operates 2 submarine optical fibre cables, SAFE (South Africa Far East) and LION (Lower Indian Ocean Network). These 2 international links provide three independent routes which serve for redundancy in case of cable breakdown:
- West route – SAT-3/WASC/SAFE and WACS through South Africa to Europe
- North route – LION/LION2-EASSy-EIG to Europe
- East route – SAFE to India and Malaysia
In addition, Mauritius Telecom has got secured points of presence (PoP) in Europe, Asia and Africa.
Mauritius Telecom’s third submarine cable, T3, is based on the latest fibre optic cable and low latency technology and has a total capacity of 72 terabits per second. This cable will link Mauritius to South Africa and will be going live by end October 2023.
Experience greater resiliency and security
The RBDC is a Tier IV data centre (Tier IV Certification of Constructed Facility awarded by Uptime Institute). The Data Centre has successfully achieved the ISO 27001:2013 certification and offers the following advantageous features:
- High level of physical and biometric security
- 9-layer access control system with restricted access, mantrap for access control, digital sign in for access monitoring and card/biometric access on rack
- High security (24/7 CCTV Surveillance)
- Fully redundant power, cooling and fire detection and suppression systems
- Services and connectivity
- Colocation service (24/7 available secured racks with inbuilt camera)
- Diverse fibre paths to submarine cable landing stations
- Gigabit connectivity to Mauritius Telecom backbone
- Carrier neutral
- Cross connection services to other carriers
- Interconnection services (for specific connectivity requirements)
- Remote hands support (on site interventions)
- 24-hour support and monitoring
- The data centre is supported by a 365x24x7 network operations centre.
- Up to 480 racks capacity
- Investment in a solar farm for diversity in green energy
Data centres are crucial to your business success in the digital world. Designed to meet the highest standard, the Rose Belle Data Centre is a safe and secure place to store your business data and protect it from unauthorised access, loss, or damage. Discover more information on the RBDC on rbdc.mu.